Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

Gadget

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Gadget

Post by Jes@GCRE » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi,

As you know, after Gary passed away we received the following e-mail from Moe North:

Dear Jes

I wanted to take time to thank you for all the work you do with the pedal cars and for keeping Gary in the loop for so long.

He loved taking part, it appealed to every aspect of his sole. The build, keeping it running, trying new ideas and being able to share his experience with anyone willing to listen.

His infectious enthusiasm and joy at every meet was evident to all.

The invitation to Shennington meant so much to him and although too ill to attend he followed the race right through.

To each and everyone involved in the hard core, day to day stuff that running the BPCC requires, thank you so very much for making my man so very happy.

I would like to fund an award or race in his memory, let me know what you think would be most appropriate

Moe…………….x

So, with Shenington looming, we now have the opportunity to offer something back.

A trophy for PC2 possibly would be appropriate but I would like to talk to Geoff Tooke first as he donated the current perpetual trophies.

I don't like any sort of subjective "best designed car" awards myself because that is always open to interpretation but thats just me.

Graham, one of your guys told me at Wombwell that the Force India guys were wanting to run Shenington in his honour - do we have any way of contacting them please?
Because if so I think this could be one entry fee that we can all agree should be waived?

Thanks,

Jes

Wing Racers
Team Manager
Team Manager
Team: Wing Racers

Re: Gadget

Post by Wing Racers » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:23 pm

I know they had thought about doing a race but I dont know if it got any further, although I think we would have seen an entry by now if they were planning on entering the race. I will see what I can find out...anybody remember the name of the grey haired guy with the beard who raced with Gary...my mind has gone completely blank.

A trophy in remembrance of Gary is a great idea. A pc2 trophy would be great, Atom dominated that class.
Wing Racers

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:25 pm

PC2 Trophy sounds appropriate to me too... And free entry (even if it's a bit late-ish) if they decide to put in an appearance...

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

Post by dralphs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:31 pm

No Objection from me.

Agree possibly a PC2 trophy would be best, but maybe ask Moe and or Force India for suggestions.
One award we used to have in classic car world was for teh car that the person judging it would like to own or take home, so maybe if Moe/Force India could attend shenington to judge that could be a possibility.

Given the team name may i suggest something like this as the trophy https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... c17f5c.jpg
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Confectionery
Provisional Driver
Provisional Driver
Team: Swebbelli Racing

Post by Confectionery » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:16 pm

PC2 trophy sounds like a good idea to me too.

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Thu May 14, 2015 9:11 am

So (we really are rubbish at this sort of thing!) I am going to contact Moe and see what her thoughts are!

A trophy would be the best thing I think for dominating PC2 (including 2nd overall) that year and his car also holds the distance record so actually either would be good.

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu May 14, 2015 12:41 pm

The PC2 trophy sounds a great idea to me.

Rob_Fulford
Provisional Driver
Provisional Driver
Team: BAR / Anyone who wants me!

Post by Rob_Fulford » Thu May 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Really hope the Force India entry materialises. I think with Force India's interest, could we offer them a free entry to Shenington?

I think the PC2 trophy would be fitting given Atom rose to pedalcar fame in PC2.

Maybe a special mention before the race and after about Gary would be a nice touch?

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Rob_Fulford wrote:I think with Force India's interest, could we offer them a free entry to Shenington?
Definitely!

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Wed May 27, 2015 11:56 am

So the good news is that Moe is intending to bring a team to Shenington to run in Gary's memory.

Once she has decided a suitable team name then they will be assigned the best pit (closest to race control and cafe with the most amount of space) and, with your permission, I will put Wing Racers next door as Graham has offered help with the mechanical side of things.

Force India are also working on a new PC2 trophy which is great.

I believe the tradition in cycling in such cases is to allow the team to lead the race off so I propose that this is done here.

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Wed May 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Seconded...

Rob_Fulford
Provisional Driver
Provisional Driver
Team: BAR / Anyone who wants me!

Post by Rob_Fulford » Wed May 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Absolutely, sounds great.

Confectionery
Provisional Driver
Provisional Driver
Team: Swebbelli Racing

Post by Confectionery » Wed May 27, 2015 12:57 pm

I completely agree.

Wing Racers
Team Manager
Team Manager
Team: Wing Racers

Post by Wing Racers » Wed May 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Yep, sounds great.

Can we have some more of the in memory of Gadget stickers printed that can but put on each car that is racing. I think it would be a nice touch.
Wing Racers

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:04 am

Hi everyone,

As you know, we were offered last summer some money with which to do something for the benefit of the sport as a whole in memory of Gadget.

So far, we have not taken this up.
Moe said "we are thinking thousands rather than hundreds".

I would like to propose that we try and use this to produce, or have produced, several of Graham's "kit car" design which can then be hired out at cost-price to new teams.

How this works is a matter for discussion - the main areas being storage, transport and preperation - but if we aren't going to let this opportunity pass by then can I suggest that we should move forward with this.

The first steps are:

1: Assuming Graham isn't on this forum, to get in touch with him to see what the situation is with being able to make this happen.

2: Talking to Moe North to make sure we have understood and can move forwards.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this please? (please not just smily faces or thumbs ups!).

Thanks,

Jes