Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

Insurance

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Insurance

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Please can we make a decision on insurance ASAP so that we can go into the AGM knowing what funds are available?

Mark Williams
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Insurance

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:30 pm

I don't agree we your reading on the manslaughter clause of our current policy not being active.
Your quoting about not be indemnified for death of participants as a result of racing.
I think our current cover relates to being indemnified against death of members of public as a result of racing.
Perhaps you should ask your broker if we would be covered if a car was to run over and kill a member of the public observing and not participating at an event. That's PLI in it's truest sense.
Mark
BFPCR Treasurer
East Yorkshire

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks Mark,
Pretty sure that's exactly what it covers - injury or loss to third parties but not to ourselves. 
I'll read through it again when I get home but I don't recall seeing any exclusions that we need to be concerned about.
I'm confident it's ok as it's the same cover that BHPC have. 
They are certainly aware of what we do and the cover we require.
‎I'm happy for you to contact them for any clarification needed. They were very helpful on the phone. 
Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:07 am

Hi,

Just a quick reminder that we still need to do the Insurance Thing.

J