Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
User avatar
AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Team: Apollo Racing
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:35 pm

I really hope Brands ends up proving to be useful and we aren't just wasting a whole weekend (especially as I'm missing my favourite BHPC track at Rhyl to go there... )

Must admit I thought the calendar was pretty much sorted apart from deciding what to do with round 1 (Bournemouth/Wombwell/Nothing) so I was also more than a bit surprised when it generated a whole new discussion (the Facebook post and all comments have now been deleted).

So:

To summarise where we are at now (please let me know if this is wrong...):

We are definitely all agreed on Shenington, Blackbushe and Curborough.
Solihull is gone.

I don't have a clue where we are with round 1.

Mark: Please can you give us your thoughts on whether Bruntingthorpe is viable?? If it is then I think everyone is agreed that will be the April race whether it ends up being round 1 or 2.

If we decide we can't afford the track hire fee there then we need to (very quickly) decide where to race in April...

User avatar
dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Oxford
Team: Falcon Notnray
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by dralphs » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:10 pm

I honestly don't think we will get consensus on this and can see probable further discussion at AGM

I would think that as Team 105 / Gary are willing to organise and publicise Wombwell then we should use it. However if it is the April date we most likely won't be able to attend due to Scouting commitments and that will also probably affect other Scouting teams. Therefore for us it needs to be in late March or early April, but we will try to attend if possible whenever it is.

Bruntingthorpe used to be "subsidised" by Solihull since Solihull had minimal expenditure.
Given Bruntingthorpe only had 17 cars this year, 22 in 2015, 16 in 2014, 18 in 2013 with at least £600 expenditure it seems it always will make a loss unless we increase its race fees, increase its attendance, subsidise it or get a sponsor. It seems unlikely that it will ever be a hugely popular race and can we run 30+ cars there?
For comparision Wombwell 2013 29 cars, 2014 19 cars, 2015 24 cars so Wombwell seems popular with teams

So Bruntingthorpe as Alan said, needs Mark (and committee) to decide whether its financially viable or we are happy to subsidise it.

I believe at this stage with Race Organisers in place for all bar one race and we ourselves unable to reach an agreement on R1/R2 that we should just go with the original ideas of dropping Solihull so this gives the following as previously listed by Jes


26th March - Round 1:
Wombwell (Race Organiser Gary Team 105)

22nd April - Round 2:
Bruntingthorpe (Race Organiser TBC) Unless deemed unviable by Mark/Comittee

24th - 25th June - Round 3:
Shenington (Race Organiser Jes Apollo/Swebelli)

July Race: There is no July Race.
This frees Teams up to enter ScoutCars/Ringwood/New Milton/Red Bull destruction derby

2nd - 3rd September Rounds 4 & 5
Blackbushe (Race Organiser Dave Falcon/Notnray)

Brands Hatch - not viable in 2017 as a round as too close to Blackbushe/Curborough but might be possible in future

23rd (or 30th) September Round 6
Curborough (Race Organiser Jes Apollo/Swebelli)


Separately, given the cost of other venues it may be worth keeping our options open at Solihull/Shrewsbury in case they are needed in the future. I'm happy to organise a test day pre-shenington at Solihull if people feel it would be useful or somewhere else.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

User avatar
AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Team: Apollo Racing
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:40 pm

There are people willing to organise and promote Bournemouth as well of course, where the track is free and camping is available to everyone, not just scout groups.

User avatar
AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Team: Apollo Racing
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by AlanGoodman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:19 pm

Ok - Does anybody (apart from me and Graham) have any objections to Dave's proposed calendar above??

If not can we publish it as the provisional calendar for 2017?? I don't think we need to mention the July race or Brands - Just the races that are actually happening, otherwise it will start another round of discussions.

Of course the race calendar needs to be approved by the AGM but we all know it will realistically be too late to change it by then.

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by Jes@GCRE » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 pm

No objections

User avatar
Mark Williams
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Happy here.

Note it's Saturday 22nd April 2017 for R2 given the St Georges Day weekend
Mark
BFPCR Treasurer
East Yorkshire

User avatar
Wing Racers
Team Manager
Team Manager
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Team: Wing Racers

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by Wing Racers » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:12 pm

Okay with me.
Wing Racers
______________________
2015 PC1 Champions

User avatar
dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Oxford
Team: Falcon Notnray
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by dralphs » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Corrected the R2 Date and it should be mentioned its Jes thats done most of the work on this calendar, not me.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by Jes@GCRE » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Bruntingthorpe has confirmed 22nd April. Same conditions as last year.

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by Jes@GCRE » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Wombwell chased.

They seem to be confused as to who owns the track at present.

User avatar
dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Oxford
Team: Falcon Notnray
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by dralphs » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Blackbushe confirmed Sept 2/3 2017
Camping should be possible Friday - Sunday
Also looking into drinking water bowser
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:10 am

Brilliant.

As I explained to Alan, with the local wildlife, this is not an easy place for me to be camping so you will find me sleeping in the back of my car but I think it's great news for the event.

User avatar
AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Team: Apollo Racing
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by AlanGoodman » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Camping over on site really does add to the whole thing... as if Blackbushe wasn't fantastic enough to start with!!

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:57 am

I spoke to Joanne at Wombwell on Sunday and the date of March 26th is confirmed.

I told her we would be on site 8am - 5pm and that we generally pay £300 for the use of that facility.

They will confirm hire cost after their next meeting during November.

User avatar
dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Oxford
Team: Falcon Notnray
Contact:

Re: DECISIONS NEEDED ASAP!

Post by dralphs » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:46 pm

Don't suppose there is any chance of limited camping there on the Saturday evening
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Post Reply