Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

"Lost Teams" e-mail

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

"Lost Teams" e-mail

Post by Jes@GCRE » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Just FYI,

The following e-mail has been sent to the teams who attended one or more of the 1st 3 races in 2015 but did not support them in 2016.
I have also included our 2 "no-shows" at Shenington (GWAWR and Titanic).

These were:

Round 1:
AAC
Team 105
Team Bike Bus
Howlin Dogs

Round 2:
AAC
Team 105
Team Bike Bus
Simonstrong-Media Velo
Doughty
Sharnbrooke Scouts

Round 3:
AAC
BHPC
Doughty
Redditch Explorers
Sharnbrooke
(GWAWR)
(Titanic)

(For obvious reasons, I have not chased Atom!).

This does mean that some teams have got 3 e-mails because I sorted it by event.
So far, no responses and no bounce-backs so we will see what emerges.

The ones I know about already really are:
AAC: Ian is injured and can't get the team together as a result
Doughty: "Too lazy" apparently according to Marc(!).

J

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear pedal car racer,

Just a quick mail to say we were very sorry not to see you at the ................, a race you had competed in the previous year.

As we move towards providing a more accessible race calendar for all our teams, and encouraging new ones, for 2017 it would help no end if you could let me know if there was something we could have done which would have made this race more attractive for your team.

That could mean date, venue, format, type of circuit, facilities provided or even any subtle changes to the rules which would help you.

There may be something we have completely missed which would mean we can do better in the future and regain your support for this event. Don't be shy, please speak your mind!

If you could let me know, then I would be very grateful and I look forward to seeing you - perhaps at some of the other events which make up this year's racing season and which can be found at: http://pedalcarracing.info/bfpcr-championship/races/

All the best,

Jes Featherstone
Competition Secretary
British Federation of Pedal Car Racing
www.pedalcarracing.info

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Re: "Lost Teams" e-mail

Post by Jes@GCRE » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:40 am

1st response from Andy Sole of Redditch Explorers:

Hi Jes

We struggled to motivate a team this year, we've a new bunch of Explorer Scouts that are a bit apathetic and we don't think we pushed the weekend enough in hind-sight.

We'll be back next year though.

Thanks

Andy Sole

Redditch District Explorers

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:36 am

From AAC Racing:

Hi no nothing that's the matter with the races. Just unable to compete this year had operation on knee. Will hopefully be back next season.

Thanks Ian
Aac racing

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 am

From Simonstrong-Mediathingy

Hi Jes
The reason we where not at Bruntingthorpe this year was simple . I had booked Holiday and it clashed with the race date.

All the more reason to have a "provisional" calendar out by Curborough (although, to be fair, we probably did this year...)

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:52 pm

From Titanic (who actually entered Shenington but didn't turn up):

Hi Jes,

The reason that Titanic Explorers missed Shenington this year was not any problem with the race format, timing or anything. Rather it was due to three of our keen explorers having left for college and the others coming up being a bit unsure about competing and pulling out. We certainly aim to be back next year.
Regarding timing, as long as it is after the exam period that's ok. Moving it back by a week or so would give explorer teams more time after the exams - but this would probably mess up the rest off your race calendar.

We are hopeful that we can enter for Curborough to make up for the disappointment. Am I correct in thinking that it is for 4-driver teams?

Regards,

Ian