Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

Possible new circuit right on my doorstep!!!

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Possible new circuit right on my doorstep!!!

Post by AlanGoodman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:49 pm

The local cycling club here in Hemel have just got permission to hold cycle events on Bovingdon airfield.

I was told this by a chap (Mark Crow) who turned up to the BHPC event at Hillingdon on Sunday. I contacted the club for details and got this reply:

Hi Alan, thanks for your message, yes we have just got permission to use the circuit for cycling and would be good to try and get some of your activities up there. We're just trying to work everything out and see what we can and can't do so lets speak as we go further into the Summer and we have more to go on. Mark is great, very supportive and his boy Josh is going well in the race team. Meet soon, Andy

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

Re: Possible new circuit right on my doorstep!!!

Post by dralphs » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:22 pm

looks like there might be a oval kart track there already https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.72245 ... a=!3m1!1e3
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Re: Possible new circuit right on my doorstep!!!

Post by AlanGoodman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:07 am

That's the old Banger/Hot Rod racing circuit... Spent many happy hours up there when I was a yoooof...

They stopped it when they built houses nearby because of the noise. It did re-start for a while but hasn't happened for some years now.