Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

BPCC 2017

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Re: BPCC 2017

Post by Jes@GCRE » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Yes, I am on it.

Spoke to Pete and told him we were considering 2 alternatives.

To be honest, we were too tired to have a sensible conversation on Sunday!

Gary Holly
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by Gary Holly » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:43 pm

This weekend is National Scoutcar Races. I will ensure there is some flyers are available for all teams to see if I can drum up new teams.
Team 105 enjoy this race series and through a lot of hard work we have achieved so much. Our younger teams have picked up awards but our PC1 teams don't just think we are here to make the numbers up but to try and challenge the rest. None more so this weekend in finishing 8th. This is like winning to us and the sense of achievement made me so proud of our team. Running a large Team brings it's own challenges with cost and transport but the equipment we have is up there with the best. Our engineer works wonders for the team on upgrades and each year we make great strides and achieve more.
Racing is fun but the more we can spread the word hopefully the more younger teams will take part.
Any team can't expect to just turn up and be on the pace, this takes years unless you pick up a second hand car
Are are willing to work hard. Has anyone got a list of teams contact that have dropped out of the sport over the years.
I have just compiled a list in the same way for scout teams that have stopped racing . I will be contacting them over the summer to see what they are doing with their un used cars.
I don't mind doing this with our Race Series if this helps getting more cars on the grid. It's not just the younger teams that are short but there is a massive drop in the PC1 class.

Regards

Gary
Team 105 Racing

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:56 pm

I do this for Shenington and Curborough and at the end of last season. I thought I had put the replies on this forum. But I will be able to do the same for rounds 1 - 3 this year over the next few days I think.

No one did any publicity for 18 months.

This is part - but not all - of the problem.

Shrewsbury in particular was poorly supprted by the regular teams but we did see these turn up for Shenington which is a good start.

At present we are relying on the core of the sport to keep it going in this difficult time but I did detect a lot more positivity last weekend than the same time last year.
As you know, 7th Banbury, Team JMC and YPi are all new teams looking to get more involved so I am starting to get a little optimistic again.

Gary Holly
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by Gary Holly » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Jes

I can see thinks are looking brighter in the sport and I had the leaders from the Bicester Scout a Group give me his details so I can assist them with a car. He had a lot of kind words for our team and set up and wants to be a part of this great sport.

I did get to speak to JMC member called Budge I believe he is called as he knows a colleague of mine from a local garage near where I live.

Gary

Onwards and on the grid..gary

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:07 pm

I don't think we are out of the woods yet though!

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Post by AlanGoodman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Just to complicate things slightly further, Steph has found a possible indoor venue in Bournmouth that would allow an early race and might attract some of the Ringwood folks (they have 50+ entries this year).

There is still an opportunity to put on a good publicity event at Brands Hatch in September but that opportunity is slipping away because of lack of support at the moment unfortunately.

I completely agree regarding Solihull next year and I think we should seriously consider dropping it this year if we have less than 10 entries. We need to make that decision and inform people if necessary ASAP.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

Post by dralphs » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:51 pm

I've asked Mark to check what all season entries we have since i don't seem to get those.
Having been out most of evening unloading and then an emergency exec meeting i can't confirm the Solihull numbers but should be able to work out a rough count tomorrow night

Maybe Stephs venue could be a season opener in Feb if she will organise, then every two months have a race
R1 Feb - indoor
R2 - April
R3 June
R4/5 late Aug or 1st weekend sept
R6 Early Oct or last weekend sept
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:53 am

Actually the full season entries make cancelling more complicated as they would have to be partially refunded of course. Let's hope we have a few entries!

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:47 pm

As promised, I have e-mailed all the teams who supported rounds 1 and 2 last year but did not this year to see what they say.

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:58 am

To bring people up to where we are with 2017...

26th March - Round 1:

Either indoors in the South.
Or Wombwell (assisted by Team 105)
Or indoors somewhere else!

What would be amazing is if we can find somewhere indoors and make this a Thing.
However...
Indoors (like a car park or something) does not mean "warm". Remembering the excellent event we had in 2002 run by Barlestone the warehouse where the pits were was absolutely freezing and everyone stood outside until the very last moment then ran inside to change drivers!

23rd April - Round 2:
Bruntingthorpe unless I get an answer from Rissington.
I will publicise this to death if it is Bruntingthorpe and decided fairly soon (like, by Curborough time).

24th - 25th June - Round 3:
Shenington.
We will be in the exam period again but we have been backed into this date by the scoutcar nationals which is the 1st of July.
Therefore, it is going to take a big effort from all concerned to get the word out about this early I feel because - like yesterday - we can't rely on a strong youth presence to make this a success.
Having said all that, there is no reason we can't attract more young (under 14's) teams, it's just the 15 - 18 year age group that has the issue.

July Race:
There is no July Race.
Yesterday was - thanks to Dave and his family - an excellently run event but 10 cars tells the story.
For the first time at Solihull we did actually have our stuff together as regards publicity things to give out and teams having people available to talk to the public. However, five years when none of this happened kind of killed before the current management got their hands on it. We are much better now than we have been ever in the past at getting the word out so perhaps in a few years this can be reinstated but I think we are all agreed that - for the moment at least - if teams want to race in July then they can take part in Ringwood or New Milton.

2nd - 3rd September:
Rounds 4 & 5
Blackbushe
Depending on what we find in the way of the new facilities there may be an opportunity to do something a bit different with the format.
Possibly starting on Saturday afternoon and running a race into the dusk so that distant teams don't need to arrange acomodation on the Friday night.

23rd (or 30th) September:
Round 6
Curborough
I have requested the 30th of September but DPattz didn't seem particularly keen - basically we have been told that our day is the 23rd. BHPC will follow on the Sunday.

*Draws Breath*

Comments?

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:26 am

I'm going down to Bournemouth on the 7th August to have a look at the possible indoor circuit with Steph (all welcome if anybody else would like to have a look/play).

One thing that may be worth noting is that the York Cycle Rally are also proposing 24th/25th June for next year subject to confirmation from the horse race folks...

Unfortunate clash as BHPC usually run a fairly successful stand there. I will be at Shenington though...

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:28 pm

I think whilst indoor would be nice (if its warm) we need to ensure its an interesting track layout, we don't want to go backwoods.

I would say if rissington can't commit by mid sept, its bruntingthorpe for next year subject to approval by purse holder unless someone has another suggestion. Would Rissington commit to a date for 2018?

As we are losing Phil next year (Shame :( ) and ideally Race Control needs to be separate from Team manager (as i worked out yesterday), can we start to pencil in names for lapcount, Control & Organizer for each race as well, so we have it all set by Curborough.

I think Falcon can take on Blackbushe again next year (TBC) as Organiser & Race Control (and possibly lapcount). I doubt we are ready to take on something like Shenington but you never know.

We also need to consider Marshalls for Shenington, i think the group we had this year are highly likely to enter the race as ateam.

Publicity - yes need to push at each event but most would be internal, (few public around at wombwell for instance) so think racing at Ringwood/New Milton plus Gary at Scout Cars likely to generate most interest and add any other cycle evenst we can.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Gary Holly
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by Gary Holly » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:53 pm

Dave

The Bruntingthorpe race falls again on St George's Day Parade and the Awards Service at Windsor this May impact again just as this year. Not sure how we can get round this one.

Regards

Gary

Team 105

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Gary

i think one reason the race was cut down to 6 hours was to allow team to go home that day for St George's Day Parade on the Sunday. It also affects Jes and us. Not sure if it can be moved or not as don't know who does the bookings with Bruntingthorpe.

Also hopefully we may also be at Windsor next year.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Gary Holly
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by Gary Holly » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Thanks Dave

Regards

Gary