Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

BPCC 2017

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

Re: BPCC 2017

Post by dralphs » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:21 pm

If we work on that basis, it would make sense for me to do Shenington and someone southeast to do Blackbushe. But Steph doesn't (or didn't) want to do it on her own
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:27 pm

dralphs wrote:Something i discussed briefly with Mark the other night. I think we need a central online store of the teams contact details so that the publicist (when we get one) and the race organizers can all access it and keep it up to date. That way it will help in a little way to let organizers publicize the next event or two.
Something like this:
mailinglist.xlsx
(57.74 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Yes.

But put somewhere where all organizers + Bob, Alan, Mark, Publicity, Competitions Sec have access
Either a dedicated mailing list plugin or app on the website
Or shared secure folder like dropbox
Or maybe convert our forwarding emails to proper accounts (on gmail?) and have the list in a common address book.

Suggestions/Preferences??????
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Somewhere linked from this forum so committee only can get to it?

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 pm

Jes@GCRE wrote:Somewhere linked from this forum so committee only can get to it?
Definately.

My preference would be something running on the server that isn't searchable from www and needs a separate login

eg http://pedalcarracing.info/newsletter/admin/ (have to make it not searchable by google and hide the directory)

temp user name news_test temp password test123

Each person needing to send emails would have their own login details

the other option would be mailchimp which does a similar function but is an external company

finally we could just store an excel spreadsheet in a secured folder on the server
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:36 am

It would need to be editable by some of us, I have added 2 new teams contacts just in the past week (and had a couple of really grumpy "don't ever talk to me about bloody pedal cars ever because if it's got more than 2 wheels you are clearly a complete moron" replies which I have certainly thought very hard about removing) for example.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:07 pm

A master address book which committee/race organisers can edit or similar
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

cromwellracing
Leaner Driver
Leaner Driver

Post by cromwellracing » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Good discussion, I am going to pontificate over the weekend before publishing my view.
Regards. Robert

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:55 pm

dralphs wrote:If we work on that basis, it would make sense for me to do Shenington and someone southeast to do Blackbushe. But Steph doesn't (or didn't) want to do it on her own
I can think of no one who I would rather hand Shenington over to than Dave and his team.

My suggestion for Blackbushe would be to get Marc Lohez involved if possible, put him directly in touch with the kart club, and, within reason, give him carte blanche to turn it into a more successful event.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Think after the summer we need to have a meeting and try to sort out who is available and who wants to do what

maybe at blackbushe if we can camp there
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 am

I will carry on with Curborough for 2017 while we look for someone to take it on.

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:45 pm

dralphs wrote:Think after the summer we need to have a meeting and try to sort out who is available and who wants to do what

maybe at blackbushe if we can camp there
I agree but I can't make a meeting between the races at Blackbushe I am afraid because I don't have a Greenfield Permit to allow Swebbelli to be camping at a site "without access to running drinking water" (or loos plumbed into the mains oddly enough!).
I imagine Swebbelli and the Penguins will be at Earleywood.

Also, that's always such a busy evening with cars that I don't think I could give it the attention it deserved.

But Dave is right, November is almost too late to be deciding these things if the organisers are going to get the word out about the events effectively.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:27 am

Unfortunately i suspect it may be 18+ only at blackbushe (it was last year). However if there are no restrictions, permit isn't a problem as both Kevin & I have one so use ours.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Post by AlanGoodman » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:45 am

Camping on site definitely added something to the event last year I thought... I'm sure somebody said that there were plans to have proper (or at least more permanent) toilets there at some stage. May have been the chap who unlocked for us.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Permanent Toilets were hionted at when i spoke to the chairman earlier this year. Just a tap on site would help.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk