Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

2016 communication

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

2016 communication

Post by gcre » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:27 am

I have started kicking things in Marc's direction for the guide.

What I am really going to need in the next couple of weeks are the PDFs of the 2016 entry forms please!

Also it would be good if the shop was up for 2016 entries maybe by 11th Jan ish.

Thanks.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

Re: 2016 communication

Post by dralphs » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:27 pm

re PDF

i have word versions of 2015 so should be able to create 2016 files in a few days.

(sorry but xmas/new year is hectic with celebrations and two birthdays as well)
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by gcre » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks Dave, have we got all the PDF's now?

Thanks also for photos. There are two more I'd like to have if anyone has taken them:

The start line for Shenington as Atom paraded up the grid.
The finish of Blackbushe Sunday as Wing took the flag.

Anyone?

and Jes: the Harry sunset shot!

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:16 am

I have it somewhere.

In the mean time, here it is digitally:

"":')
o-o

gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by gcre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:32 pm

The guide is well on the way but I have some more questions:

Do we now have all three entry forms for R1 - R3?

Do we think we can stick to the 3 x 2 hour format for Shrewsbury given the venue is only available 9AM - 6PM?

Given the situation with kit cars / Graham and a suggestion from Marc Lohez, can we consider as specific "car pool" page on the website. Here we can post cars available and cost for 'hire' for a weekend (with conditions) so people have a one-stop shop? Also with a central email to contact if you have a car available? Thus we sort of cut out the more random forum way this sometimes happen.

If this can happen, I would like to put this in the guide.

Also sorry - the website in no way yet reflects 2016!

gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by gcre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:49 pm

sorry something is clearly weird with my PC. I actually get very different websites depending if I'm using IE or Chorme!

However, also the season results really should have individual names for PC0 as I think we've well established! Anyone know the top three? I could do with them.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:09 pm

Chris

With Gareth not being active at present it seems its only me doing the website (Mark is doing the shop). I hope to have some of it finished later this weekend, but been quite busy the last few weeks and mark and i have been trying to automate driver registrations but thats still work in progress.

Entry forms and teamsheets will be on here soon.

Car Pool/Kit Car page - do you want it on forum or website - forum is easier and registered users can post requests whereas website only admin/editors can post. maybe have a page on website that details what we have with big bold link to forum topic? Email isn't a problem just come up with a suggested address and who to forward it to.

PC0 2015 results
1st car 12 Royce - Steph Mills
2nd car 14 Notnray Network - Alex Ralphs
3rd 59 Norton Greyhounds - i presume Gary Oakley but can't confirm

I need to see how Gareth built the records database before i try changing from team name to driver name as it may affect it elsewhere eg where a team has raced PC0 but PCD at shenington.

IE/chrome I use Chrome all the time. Just compared the website & forum in IE and i don't see any difference. I know sometimes the caching goes awry and needs a ctrl +f5 to fix. That is using IE11 what version are you on?
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:55 pm

Changed from Team to drivers for Steph and Alex, but it also affects PCD names and any other time they didn't run as solo, so i need to investigate further how it retrieves the team name before i go any further
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by gcre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Thanks Dave, I wonder if it was something to do with the odd link I had at the Sheraton Heathrow last night.

I think to work properly the pool needs to be a "Thing" rather than just a forum entry which will get lost probably. Maybe I'll mention it in the guide and then we can "launch" it a bit later as a way of having some news.

gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by gcre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:02 pm

Aha ! No I've worked it out! From the home page the races line starts with Shrewsbury and links to the "draft" shrewsbury page. From this forum page, the line starts with Wombwell and links to Wombwell.

Don't worry, breaking people's software is kind of what I get paid to do! ;)