Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

2016 AGM Suggestions

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

2016 AGM Suggestions

Post by dralphs » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:51 pm

Jes suggested this should go on forum rather than email so here goes...........

Kicking this off good and early to see if we can get some ideas to improve attendance at the 2016 AGM along with suggestions for venues that are reasonably central, not too expensive and have interests for ages 7-70+

My suggestions - feel free to like, dislike, pull apart, comment as i know you will :o

1/ Do we present the main championship trophies at the AGM and make it more of an awards do as well as an AGM like a lot of other sports do. The only downside i can see is that its possible that some teams may not be present to collect their trophy but then again not all teams especially PC3/4 are at Curborough.
(this would remove any issue with the 14 day challenge rule and the wrong team getting the trophy)

2/ Suggestions for venue. I know that a certain team will like these
Great Central Railway neair loughborough http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/special-serv ... att-house/
Kidderminster railway http://www.krm.org.uk/corporat.htm
But of course there are plenty of other options out there

3/ Increasing attendance especially junior teams.
Hold an inter team KubKar championship at the agm (or even between team members). Prize for 1st, 2nd, 3rd (maybe free entry to selected race?). For those that don’t know this is what a KubKar is see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cGLgkH1f3I

The kits can either be purchased direct from https://www.scoutshop.ca/Item?item=629055711008 (and probably elsewhere) or we could decide to bulk buy and stock in the shop and sell at a small profit. Our Scout District is currently running a competition for Cubs and selling at £5 inc delivery although that is pre-ordered, paid for up front and delivered locally to each Cub pack.

I have a verbal agreement that we should be able to borrow at least one track, (upto 3 if needed) for a nominal fee.

If we were to consider this we would need to publicise it well before the AGM with a cut off date for entries to give time entrants to build their KubKars. If we go the pre-order route that would need to be Solihull at the latest to give time for us to order/ship from canada with aim to distribute at blackbushe or curborough or post out. That would give teams a month to "create" their KubKar

I can see this could be sold reasonably easily at Shenington especially if we had room to set up a small demo track with a few test KubKars.

As an aside, i'm using our District competion as an oppertunity to take along a pedalcar (and publicity) and try to sell our races to Leaders (and oldest Cubs) and show them that it isn't a big leap from racing KubKars today to racing "the real thing" tomorrow.
(Reminder to self & Chris - I will need flyers etc for 6th february please)

So over to comittee.............
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Re: 2016 AGM Suggestions

Post by Jes@GCRE » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:04 pm

Good plan.

I did think earlier that if we present the trophies at the AGM then if each winning team could bring their car then it would give us a reminder of what all this is about.

5 pedal cars would have made a nice display on the landing outside the conference suite yesterday and members of the public would have seen them too.

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Post by AlanGoodman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Last year's venue would probably have been better for that with parking on site.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:02 pm

I think presenting the trophies at the AGM at least would make it more than just a boring (sorry) AGM
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:02 am

It's money and people (again!).

In an ideal world it would be AGM, presentations, buffet lunch provided, display of cars and entertainment in the form of the Kubcars or similar.

In reality, we had like 20 people turn up last Sunday and we went not knowing there would be more than 10 (I was certainly very pleasently surprised to see the Team 105 and Titanic people there).

So we could end up catering for 50 and having just the committee arrive or alternatively we turn up with 5 loaves and fishes between us and hoping Jesus turns up so we can feed 5000 hungry pedal car racers with just that.

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Post by AlanGoodman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 am

Yep! Getting people there is likely to be the tricky bit whatever we do. I've been surprised at how few come and play on the Sunday at Curborough especially as kids race free of charge.
Catering and anything else with a cost would need to be paid in advance I think....

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:38 am

Agreed

If we go for KubKars they need to be ordered and then built (by teams) so it has to be pre-order or we sell through shop/at races up to curborough.

Curborough - I think a lot of it is the camping overnight. A lot of teams aren't geared up to do it or don't want to camp and once they have left site they tend to go home since there isn't really a reason to come back (unlike Blackbushe). For others (us included) its distance/time to get home and other things needing to get done.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:25 am

So why don't we have the AGM in the marquee the morning after Curborough?

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:52 am

It would need a change in constitution but nothing to say we can't change the date.
Might give problems in getting accounts and minutes sorted so soon after the race (and no printers)

Also (and this affects the way we do trophies at curborough in any case) I thought you had 14 days after a race to contest the result.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:05 pm

True, true. Hadn't thought of that.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:05 pm

What might work well, if the right location could be found at a sensible cost, would be to have the AGM combined with an indoor test day early in the new year.
Ok constitution would need changing for the date but thats not impossible.
(ok race calendar would only be rubber stamped by agm, committee would need to sort it out beforehand)
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk