Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

Ringwood 2016 equipment hire

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Re: Ringwood 2016 equipment hire

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Please note there is a Facebook discussion on this subject going on (Dave and I have only been added today although it seems to have been open since November).

We really need to make a decision on this ASAP - Is anybody else able to go down to help Phil??

As I said if absolutely necessary I can probably do it but it's not ideal as I'm supposed to be racing in Shrewsbury the day before with BHPC...

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:07 pm

I've asked Steph on Facebook to let us know her thoughts here - After that can we please make a decision ASAP so that arrangements can be made if we decide to go ahead.

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Update:
Jim has indicated on Facebook that we would need to be fitting tags to cars by 8am on the Sunday morning. That is likely to make it a non-starter for me I'm afraid as I'll be home fairly late on the Saturday night.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

Post by dralphs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

I think realistically anyone would probably be looking at staying over the saturday night somewhere near.
Even for me its a 90 minute journey and that assumes no traffic jams or other issues getting into ringwood itself.

Question for Steph. Rather than camping or expenses of a b&b (which i suspect ringwood would be asked to pay) would it be possible for Phil and whoever is helping him to get put up for the night ina spare room etc????
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Where is this fb discussion?

Have they yet agreed to buy 72 tags?

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:28 pm

I've just added you to it Jes....

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:31 pm

I agree with Dave - With a fairly early start and the M25/M3 involved it really means an overnight stay for whoever is doing this - That would mean either not racing at Shrewsbury or going straight there after the race for me...

Mark Williams
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:32 pm

As I've said before, I cannot commit to being present on the day.

For information:

- The new lap count reader cost us £987.60 in 2015.

- Tags would be £20 each. 72x20 = £1,440

- Dave R received £243.39 & £62.80 in refunds for lap count matt expenditure in 2015.

As this needs to be included in the hire fee as a returnable deposit to cover any scenario where equipment is damaged in some way. Total circa £2,750.00 + expenses for personnel

Has the 'straight run' to go over the matt been resolved yet?
Mark
BFPCR Treasurer
East Yorkshire

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Has the 'straight run' to go over the matt been resolved yet?
No idea... Jim has said there will not be an issue with liability as they will add a clause to the entry form.
We obviously need to be absolutely sure we will not be liable if the equipment fails or of our folks happen to be unwell on the day and can't make it etc...

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Phil said earlier in this discussion
Phil.GO wrote:
I am prepared to support the event (no expenses) IF i get support from at least two other people.
These people really need to come to at least 2 of the first 3 rounds of 2016 and run lapcounting with me to "learn the ropes". Also we really need 2nd and 3rd laptops with all the software ready to go.
Further to that contingencies need to be in place for breakdowns at the event and for the following BPCC race.

Phil
So we need two additional people who will not be racing at rounds 1 and 2 but will be there to learn the timing system, and an additional laptop or two.

gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by gcre » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:57 pm

I am hoping Apollo will race this one, and therefore would hope to attend in some capacity and maybe blag a room the night before. So getting kit there is not an issue. However, come race start (whichever it is) I will be racing... or at least running a time.

We were actually talking about this the other day. If the BPCC is to have any link to Ringwood I think we should have three golden rules:

It is safe (I have no qualms about this).
It is fair - i.e. rules are clear, sensibly and consistently applied.
It is sport - yes it is also charity and fun, but it should not be forgotten that people who have build / made the effort to attend also want to have a race!

sorry that's digressing I know.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:26 pm

I'm happy to "learn the ropes" with Phil where i can whilst also running my team but i suspect that at rounds 1 & 2 i'll probably be on my own and the only laptop i have is a work laptop which probably can't have the software put on.

So that probably limits my usefulness.

Also as Ringwood is between Shenington & Solihull i may have car repairs to do as well as any final details for solihull.

Apart from that i will help out where i can and as i have the 2nd timing kit will probably need to run it down to ringwood (or make arrangements to get it there).

So i could be Phils 2nd man but without a laptop, probably not much use.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Steph says that it is Jim that we need to discuss this with rather than her... We obviously can't give him access to this discussion without giving him access to the whole committee forum.

So we can either discuss this with him via Facebook or whatever or just make a decision and tell him what is required for us to provide timing at Ringwood...

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:12 pm

I've added Chris, Bob and Mark to the Facebook discussion. If any other committee members want to join that just shout.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Just seen latest reply from jim
Good evening, had a chat with Steph, would you consider £3,000 all in for the lap counting? KR Jim Stride Race Director BPCGP
Given Marks response of £2,750 + expenses i would say that covers what we requested.

My only question would be who retains ownership of the tags?
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk