Due to lack of use the forum is now read only. Please post questions etc in our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/128453854681/

2016 calendar

BFPCR committee members only
All committee business in here. Please move topics found in other areas if needed to here for committee to discuss
dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Falcon Notnray

2016 calendar

Post by dralphs » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Ok Ok i know we aren't even halfway through 2015 but as Jes is always saying we need to get the calendar sorted as early as possible.

so not suggesting dates yet but do wonder if we have the long break between shenington and blackbushe but i digress.

Throwing open ideas for venues maybe some of the BHPC ones or whatever. Once we have a few venues we can suggest dates

so my starter for 10 is

2016 race schedule

R1 Solihull or elsewhere

R2 Rissington or Bruntingthorpe or elsewhere

R3 Wombwell

R4 Shenington

do we want a round in early august????

R5 & 6 Blackbushe usual sept date

R7 Curborough usual sept date

ideas

stourport http://stourportsportsclub.co.uk/index. ... ycle-track

Hillingdon http://hillingdoncyclecircuit.org.uk/?page_id=55

odd down bath http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/spor ... le-circuit

rissington http://rissykartclub.com/

oxford http://www.kartingoxford.co.uk/index.html
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Apollo Racing

Re: 2016 calendar

Post by AlanGoodman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:49 am

Stourport, Hillingdon or Odd Down would be good with me... As long as we can find somewhere suitable for a pitlane... Hillingdon is open to the general public and so has its share of dog walkers assorted pikeys... but no more likely to have problems of that nature than Solihull... Stourport is a nice central location while Odd Down is a fair way from anywhere else we race and may attract some of the folk from Wales...

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:54 am

For those that don't know the circuits (sorry no video from Stourport):

Hillingdon on a rather disappointingly slow tricycle...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMLXVFGbbn0

Odd Down on a Ratracer recumbent bicycle.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffBidFf7QWQ

I believe both tracks could be used in either direction. We certainly race Hillingdon both ways...

Darren Carter
Provisional Driver
Provisional Driver

Post by Darren Carter » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm not too bothered as I won't be organising it next year even if it is picked, BUT I would suggest staying well clear of Solihull for Round 1 - it would not be fun in bad weather with the lack of facilities.

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:54 am

Ooh, I was going to start this but you beat me to it!

I have requested the same weekend for Shenington with is June 25th/26th.

Very much suggest that the "St. George's Saturday" event has worked very well as a date change.

Totally agree with Darren that Solihull needs to be mid-summer as it is the worst place on earth in bad weather (we found this out a few years back with an ill-fated "test day" unfortunately).

Blackbushe and Curborough I think you are right in leaving alone.
Blackbushe can grow but this will be a slow process as we gradually, gradually convince a few more teams that life exists outside of Ringwood and Curborough seems to just happily fluctuate between 20 and 30 cars depending on circumstances.

Looking at the 4 tracks...

Stourport is very much like Shrewsbury I think.
Hillingdon Alan knows better.
Odd Down I think Chris has knowledge of??

All 3 would be "no-corners" circuits for the speed merchants like Shrewsbury and Solihull. Not saying this is good or bad.

Rissington I ask every year and every year they tell me that they are MOD owned and don't get permission for which dates they can use until like March or something!

Oxford, unfortunately, is open every day. This would put it into the £10,000 bracket to hire at a weekend.

Personally, I think a May or August date would attract few entries but feel free to try.
Personally, we could possibly have scraped 1 car from Apollo and 1 car from Swebbelli for either of these this year but more likely that would have been 1 car between. Less than we are taking to Solihull anyway.

Another thing...

At Wombwell Steph suggested that Ringwood could host a BPCC round either before or as part of their "main race" in 2016.
We only got as far as saying "never say never" but didn't take it further...

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:21 am

Odd Down, Stourport and the new track at York are all pretty similar to Shrewsbury... Not sure if the same people were involved in designing them but they are all the same shape... A couple of long straights with a hairpin at each end....

The circuit at Rhyl is absolutely fantastic - and just round the corner from young Mr Wilkinson...

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:36 am

AlanGoodman wrote:Odd Down, Stourport and the new track at York are all pretty similar to Shrewsbury... Not sure if the same people were involved in designing them but they are all the same shape... A couple of long straights with a hairpin at each end...
I think if you are planning a track that has to go around football pitches whilst giving you the longest run possible, your options are a bit limited!

But, I do wonder if the Team 105 people would be interested in running an event at Preston for us.

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:54 am

Agreed that Oxford is a non starter, and yes maybe Solihull needs to stay in summer sometime

Would like to see a Welsh round or Preston, but maybe we also need to map where most of our current teams are so we don't put in an event 100's of miles from the majority of teams.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

Jes@GCRE
Pedalcar racer
Pedalcar racer

Post by Jes@GCRE » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:13 pm

@Chris sometimes does this.

I don't think we have any teams from Wales any more.
They certainly didn't reciprocate the support many teams from the centre of the country gave to the Margam 10 hour once it moved to Bruntingthorpe on the same weekend at the same time :( .

A round close to London (although Blackbushe isn't far away) might be a plan.
There are about 17 million people living there and so far they only have 1 team to show for it!

J

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:36 pm

If we are looking to London then Hillingdon would be one choice as suspect Olympic Park is too expensive.
But probably other possibilites as well.

My only concern looking at the videos is it seems a long way back to pits should you have a failure (mechanical or rider) and seems you have to go round track, you can't walk across the infield.

Maybe Alan can confirm.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:12 pm

You can walk across the infield... There are pathways across in fact.
I don't think it's ideal as a pedal car circuit - it certainly wouldn't be exciting like Blackbushe for example, but would be the best option for a London circuit. Olympic Park is a non-starter, partly because of cost and partly because it is very hilly - makes Solihull look easy.
Fowlmead is too far South I think... It is 120 miles from here and I'm one of the closest to it I think!

Wombwell is a long way North though...

AlanGoodman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AlanGoodman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:15 pm

As well as Preston, BHPC race at Salt Ayre Circuit in Lancaster, usually doubled up over a weekend with Preston... This is a Kingcycle-eye view of it from a few weeks ago... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3L8C-xHpo

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:08 am

Fowlmead does look too far southeast.

Maybe Steph knows something her direction
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

dralphs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dralphs » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:39 pm

FIA just announced F1 dates for next year http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33490250

British Gp Silverstone is 26th June

So appreciate Shenington probably can't be moved, or we might not want to move it, but will be extra traffic on roads and diversions in place.
Dave
Falcon Notnray Racing
www.yarntonscouts.org.uk

gcre
Licenced Driver
Licenced Driver

Post by gcre » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:08 am

I think this happened last year or the year before but with little effect.. I think most teams (even the set-up / take-down crew) are well away before the GP finishes.

I think a 4 week gap is better if possible between R3 and R4.

Another suggestion was starting with the 6 hour because sprint formats take a little more of the day up.

Shrewsbury should always be considered - good venue, decent track (short option available) good facilities and maybe a Bob to organise?? Just an option.

Old down I haven't been but I suspect a question over where to have pits, security, and lack of fence-off to the other sports fields.

I had wondered whether to try and seriously discuss with Bristol24 Rob about trying for a 4 hour in Bristol next summer. I'll think but it might be too risky.