2020 British Pedal Car Championship – The Return
British Pedal Car Championship – The Return
BLACKBUSHE TRACK DAY – SUNDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER
Your chance to help us all to get the sport back on track.
We are pleased to announce that we will be running a test event at Blackbushe Circuit on Sunday, 6th September 2020 prior to our return to racing “proper” at Curborough.
Entry: £30 / car
What do you get for your £30?
There will be up to 6 hours of track time available between 1030 and 1630
What are you doing for the sport of pedal car racing?
The purpose is to test our systems for returning to racing on a non-competitive day.
Socially distanced pits, covid-safe methods of driver changeovers, scrutineering and race management, online race briefings, grid formation, and race finish procedures.
However, to do so we need cars on track so we need your help.
What we need from you
The major part of the test is to see what numbers of volunteers needed to run an event safely. Therefore for this event we are requiring 1 (non-racing) volunteer over the age of 18 per car which is our best estimate. We may be able to revise this number (hopefully down, but no guarantees) for the future.
Entries available on line soon: Deadline 20th August
BPCC 2020 25th (Silver Anniversary) Race Season Dates
###### 2020 25th (Silver Anniversary) Season Calendar ######
POSTPONED SEE ANNOUNCEMENT ABOVE
BPCC Race Dates for 2020 have now been confirmed:
Round 1: Bruntingthorpe 29 March. (6 Hour Race)
Round 2: Wombwell 2 May. (Sprints)
Round 3: Shenington 27/28 June. (24 Hour Race)
Round 4: Blackbushe 5 Sept. (Sprints)
Round 5: Blackbushe 6 Sept. (Restart Test Event)
Round 6: Curborough 3 Oct. (7 Hour Race into darkness)
Similar to what we would expect but with rounds 1 and 2 swapping and round 2 moving 1 week back in the year.
Incidentally, May Bank Holiday next year is Friday 8th May (75th anniversary of VE Day).
These dates are subject to confirmation at the AGM but are not expected to change unless due to venue availability.
For updates and notifications check back on here or follow us on Facebook or Twitter (Links top right of website)
BFPCR 2020 Season and shop
The Shop has been updated for 2020 and is now open, There are only 3 race purchase options due to prices, these are :-
Single Race (not Shenington)
Please ensure you choose the correct one as buying the wrong one will result in your purchase being rejected. When online ordering please tick the box for which race(s) you are buying as well as the class, team name etc.
If you wish to order by post there are 3 sets of entry forms in pdf & word format for
Single Race (not Shenington)
similar to the online options. Please use the correct form and tick/complete all boxes to ensure your purchase isn’t rejected. Send the form and cheque to address on the form.
All Race pages have now been updated for 2020 and have links to online and postal entries.
If you find any errors please let me know via the contact page
- British Pedal Car Championship – The Return27/07/2020British Pedal Car Championship – The Return BLACKBUSHE TRACK DAY – SUNDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER Your chance to help us all to get the sport back on track.We are pleased to announce that we will be running a […]
- Blackbushe Weekend Updated Information and Expression of interest29/06/2020Blackbushe Weekend Updated Information and Expression of interest Following the announcement about further relaxation of restrictions from 4th July the Exec Committee held a meeting on Sunday 28th […]
- Shenington 24Hr Expression of interest30/03/2020Shenington 24Hr Expression of interest The committee are keeping a close eye on the current Covid-19 situation and are working hard to find a way back to racing as soon as the current, and necessary, […]
- Shop Open and race pages have been updated06/01/2020The Shop has been updated for 2020 and is now open, There are only 3 race purchase options due to prices, these are :-Full SeasonSingle Race (not Shenington)SheningtonPlease ensure you choose the […]
- 2019 AGM09/11/2019###### 2019 AGM ###### The 2019 AGM will be on Sunday 17th November at the Oxford Bus Museum. As always it will be one vote per registered team and all decisions are subject to approval by the […]
Our Social Media Presence
Following the announcement about further relaxation of restrictions from 4th July the Exec Committee held a meeting on Sunday 28th June to discuss our options on how we restart racing.
Currently we are very much intending to run the Blackbushe Weekend on it’s scheduled date of 5-6th Sept if current restrictions are relaxed further and subject to government restrictions in place at the time. However given current guidance we think the format and duration of the race(s) will have to change. It will probably run on Sunday only as a endurance race and not sprints.
We have also received guidance from Scouts & Guides HQ and will be monitoring their “readiness level” as to when our younger teams (mostly Scout & Guides) can return to race.
It is probable that camping on site won’t be possible and in any case Scouts & Guides HQ do not intend to allow camping until after 25th Sept and they have reached “Green Level”.
However, the situation is still developing and therefore the position on this event will be reviewed at our next meeting in late July.